What is RGB LED Projection Technology?
Superior Colour and Reliability
Panasonic’s RGB LED light engine uses discrete inorganic LED light-sources in place of a consumable lamp. RGB LED produces deeper, richer colours than comparable technologies for pure white reproduction and less colour breakup.
The light engine is also highly reliable, supporting 20,000 hours* of maintenance-free projection. Set-and-forget operation means lower TCO while adding insurance when image display should not be interrupted.
RGB LED supports 360 ° front or side body-rotation and is suited to a variety of brightness-appropriate applications such as small meeting rooms, discussion spaces, and other areas with limited space.
RGB LED Light Engine Highlights
- Deep saturation and wide colour-space reproduction
- Deep colour reproduction
- LED switching eliminates need of a colour-wheel for high reliability and picture quality
- Hermetically sealed DMD block protects against dust intrusion
- Higher brightness and colour retention until the next refresh cycle
Discrete LEDs Deliver Vibrant Color
Discrete LEDs generate red, green, and blue light independently and work with next-generation DLP™ technology to achieve natural colour.
Wheel-less Design for Quiet, Lasting Reliability
Operating noise is reduced to inaudible levels for comfortable, distraction-free viewing, helping your audience to concentrate.
And with fewer moving parts to degrade over time, administrators enjoy comparatively less maintenance and fewer callouts thanks to the light-engine’s fantastic reliability.
Eliminate Rainbow Effect
High-speed LED switching replaces colour- and phosphor-wheel filtering to display each colour at a frequency impossible to achieve mechanically. The wheel-less design benefits the presenter, audience, and administrator. Rapid switching reduces rainbow effect sometimes observed by viewers susceptible to the phenomenon with colour-wheel-based DMD projection systems.
Dustproof Hermetic DMD-block Sealing Structure
Wheel-less design results in simplified internal architecture, opening the door to improved hermetic DMD-block sealing to prevent particle intrusion and maintain picture quality after years of commercial use. Supported by efficient cooling and optimised airflow path, RGB LED projectors don’t need an air-filter, contributing to 20,000 hours* of maintenance-free projection.
High reliability and brightness retention represent tangible savings through to the next refresh cycle.
* At about 20,000 hours, Panasonic recommends cleaning or checkup at point of purchase. Light-source lifetime may be reduced depending on environmental conditions. Replacement of parts other than the light-source may be required within a shorter period. At 20,000 hours, brightness will have decreased to approximately 50 % of its original level (IEC62087: 2008 Broadcast contents, Normal Mode, Dynamic Mode under conditions with 30 °C (86 °F), 1,400 m above sea level, and 0.15mg/m3 of particulate matter).
Learn more about PT-LRZ35 series
3,500 lumens compact RGB LED projector, designed for intensive usage and long lasting brightness for collaborative spaces