Panasonic doubles RAM, storage and adds latest generation Intel CPU to its most popular fully rugged tablet, the Toughpad FZ-G1
Adds optional thermal imaging camera for a wide range of industry applications
BRACKNELL, UK. 2nd August 2018
Panasonic today announced it is doubling the RAM and storage in the latest version of its popular Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 tablet and upgrading to the latest 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor. The addition of an optional high resolution thermal camera, combined with the powerful fully rugged Panasonic tablet and its versatile configurable set-up also makes it ideal for an even wider range of business sectors and applications.
The 5th generation of the fully rugged Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 delivers more performance for less power with an upgraded Intel® Core™ i5-7300U vPro™ processor. It has also doubled the RAM to 8GB and storage to 256GB SSD.
The fully rugged Toughpad FZ-G1 with Windows 10 Pro sets the benchmark for outdoor viewable tablets making it ideal for field workforces in outdoor scenarios. With its capacitive 10-finger multi-touch display, waterproof IP55 digitizer pen for efficient usage even in rain and flexible configurable ports, this device can be used to view high definition documentation and images in the field and is equipped with the connectivity options to stay in touch wherever the location. The flexible configuration port gives business users the legacy port options they require in a compact, fully rugged and lightweight form factor.
Themal imaging applications
With the addition of the optional Flir Thermal Camera the tablet becomes a perfect tool allowing field workers to take and process accurate thermal images on the spot and link these images to other line of business applications and add meta data content such as QR codes.
As well as obvious heat seeking applications for use by the fire, emergency services and defence sectors, the solution can be used in manufacturing for production line control and quality assurance, in utilities and field services for maintenance and repairs, and in oil and gas, aviation, automotive and construction for asset management and diagnostics.
The thermal imaging application has been designed by Panasonic, drawing on its 20 years experience of providing seamless hardware and software solutions for business customers. The Flir Lepton3.5 thermal camera has high video resolution (160x120), a frame rate of 8fps and can measure temperatures up to 450ºC with an accuracy of + or -5ºC (higher accuracy mode: -10℃ to 140℃±5℃ or ±5%, wider range mode: -10℃ to 450℃±10℃ or ±10%.)
Other recently launched options for the Panasonic Toughbook FZ-G1 tablet include an integrated mobile point-of-sale solution. The purpose-built, integrated mobile payment device holder wraps perfectly around the tablet to allow the device to be used easily in conjunction with a world-leading mobile payment solution, such as the Ingenico iSMP4 and Verifone e355.
The integrated device holder makes the Panasonic FZ-G1 the perfect mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) solution for the retail and hospitality industries for tasks such as queue busting, taking orders and payments at a table, assisted selling, in-flight purchases and in the field sales.
Jan Kaempfer, General Manager of Marketing for Panasonic Computer Product Solutions, said: “With these latest upgrades we are future proofing one of the most popular fully rugged tablets on the market. Combine this with our continuous addition of functionality and applications and you have a rugged mobile device that is flexible enough to be tailored to the specific needs of almost any mobile worker in any industry sector.”
Designed for the mobile worker
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 tablet is a Windows 10 Pro device, with up to 11 hours operating battery life (MobileMark 2014, up to 22 hours with optional large battery) and optional hot swap capabilities to work in the field as long as required. Its comprehensive ecosystem of accessories and peripherals ensures it can be used in any environment, whether docked in a vehicle or carried. Like the wider range of Panasonic fully rugged devices, the tablet is designed and tested to stand up to extreme conditions with its MIL-STD 810G and IP65 ratings. Alongside the thermal camera and mobile payment solution, the device has flexible configuration options including a 2D barcode reader, GPS, micro SD, 2nd USB 2.0, wired LAN or a smart card reader.
The Panasonic Toughbook FZ-G1mk5 is available from the end of August.
Press contact: Michael Bartley The Amber Group firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
• Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
• Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
• Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
• Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
• Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
• Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global